Friday, December 18

Five Christmas Party Looks with G is for Gingers

Claire here again - I'm a personal style and lifestyle blogger for the North East. Today makes it one week until Christmas and I'm so excited for a relaxed holiday with my family but today I thought I would share my Christmas party looks with you today. I will be getting dressed up on the day itself (I think I'm going to go with the Blue Vanila look below) and also on hogmanay. I expect there will be more parties just as an excuse. Hopefully there will be inspiration for you here too. I've shared them all on my blog before so if you want to know where anything is from just click the link below the post. 

My Hogmanay Little Black Dress
I thought I would start with a classic little black dress. Every girl needs one in their wardrobe and I love this one had lace cut-outs too. This was actually my new years eve dress from last year but I've worn it a lot since. I don't think this dress is still available but this one from New Look is very similar. Some sparkly accessories and a faux fur coat and you're good to go!

The Perfect Sparkly Black Dress with Blue Vanilla
It would have been impossible not to fall in love with this Blue Vanilla dress as soon as I got it out of the packaging. It was my first piece from them and the quality is truly gorgeous. Sadly it arrived too late for the festive period last year but it immediately struck me as the perfect Christmas day dress. Luckily Blue Vanilla still have this one on their site and it is very reasonable at £30.

Beautiful Embellished Neckline
A slightly different look because I know not everyone loves dresses like I do. I think she look is 'slightly' more casual too. The neckline is beautifully sparkly and would make any outfit more festive. I paired it with simple black jeans but if you were feeling more daring I'm sure they would suit a nice pattern as well. I can't find the cream version on the George site anymore but they have it in black or they do the same style in a red dress.  


A 70s Inspired Jumpsuit from Girls on Film
This jumpsuit is one of the best things I've ever bought but I've never worn it out! I'm just never somewhere formal enough but it is always in the back of my head. A Christmas party would be a great excuse though because no one would notice how bold it is. Girls on Film don't have this exact pattern but this one is pretty similar and it has 30% off.

I'm Wearing Red for Christmas
Finally this is what I wore on Christmas day last year. You don't get much more festive colour than red and this shape made me feel really grown up. This dress is really old but I still bring it out every so often when the occasion suits. While browsing for something similar this red dress from M&S is a very similar shape but it has some lovely lace detail. I also came across this sequin number which I absolutely love! 

Thank you for reaching the end of this post! It has ended up being longer than I planned. I'd love it if you came by G is for Gingers - you can see all of my outfit posts here. Let me know what you think in the comments below.


Find Claire...



Enjoy Claire's guest post? You can read her other posts on Scot Bloggers here or check out her interview with Jilly here

1 comment: