Wednesday, May 14

How to Wear a Denim Pinafore with G is for Gingers

I’m Claire from G is for Gingers and I am mostly a fashion and lifestyle blogger. I’ve always been interested in fashion so last January I decided to start a blog to keep a dairy of my personal style as it develops. One of the main things I try to show with my blog is that fashion bloggers don’t have to wear something new in every post- that is just unrealistic in modern living especially for students like me. I always feel like you can always style an item at least three different ways and make it look completely different. On my blog I have already done a similar post about different ways to wear a denim shirt but today I thought I would show you how to style a denim pinafore- this one was bought in newlook last year. I think it will still be in style this year so keep an eye out for one.

Whole outfit: New Look
This outfit was from last summer- its not quite warm enough yet in Scotland for bare legs. I think this is the simplest way to style the pinafore. It is lovely and light with a boyfriend style t-shirt underneath. I think the slightly baggier style fits better than a tight top. 

Top: Zara Tights: Matalan
This is another spring/summer look although you might not be able to tell- it was very cool and misty on a trip to Edinburgh so the long sleeved striped top. These are a classic and look pretty good with denim. 

Jumper: Primark Polo neck: Primark Shoes: River Island
My 3rd outfit was worn on a very cold winters day hence the polo neck jumper underneath and the denim pinafore on top. I always think knitting and denim go together very well and keep you cosy. These leggings have a fleece lining which helps when it is cold. Looking back on this outfit it is very plain so I might have worn a contrasting scarf or a nice colourful broach and maybe a black (or maroon) fedora too (my current obsession).

Jumper: Primark Shoes River Island

This last look is very similar to the previous one but I included it to show that a cropped jumper gives the skirt a different look and pulling it on over the pinafore makes it look less like a dress and more of a skirt style. This is quite a light jumper and is perfect for those cooler spring days we get a lot of in Scotland. 

I hope these looks have given you some inspiration for your own outfit. A few weeks ago I also did an interview with Scot Bloggers which you can see here. If you've enjoyed this post I would love it if you stopped at G is for Gingers. I'm on a push to reach 300 bloglovin' followers too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment