Wednesday, February 26

Polka Dot Nail Design With Stef

Hey everyone! I'm Stef from Scottishstefsnails.blogspot.com and I have been kindly asked by Claire to write a guest post for the Scot Bloggers blog which I am absolutely chuffed about. I am really excited to be guest posting here as it is an awesome blog because it features all of us Scottish bloggers!

I thought I would show you this pink loose glitter and silver glitter polka dot nail design. I used Topshop's Daydream polish, Ciate's Jingle Belle Loose Glitter and Rimmel's Shooting Star Space Dust polish to create this design. 

Firstly, I applied a base coat and then two coats of Topshop's Daydream Polish. I painted one coat of top coat on the nail that I wanted to cover in the gorgeous pink glitter and then shook the glitter gently over them. I did this one nail at a time so that I could get great glitter coverage on both nails. I then tapped off the excess glitter from my nails. I would recommend applying a top coat over the loose glitter if you want your nails to stay sparkly. However, this can dull the sparkle a bit.

For the sparkly polka dots I used Rimmel's Shooting Star Space Dust polish which is one of my favourite polishes at the moment. I used one of my dotting tools to create the polka dot pattern. Dotting tools are so easy to use and very cheap to buy. I would definitely recommend them. As this silver polish is textured I wouldn't apply a top coat over it. I think its quite cool to have smooth nails with textured polka dots!

I think this design looks really pretty and I shall definitely try it out with different colours in the future.

What are your thoughts on this design?  Let us know in the comments section below!:-)

Thank you again to Claire for asking me to write this post and to get involved with this great Scottish blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment