Sunday, February 23

Jilly Interviews: Rachael Skii

So, today I have been given the opportunity to interview the wonderful Rachael from rachael-skil.blogspot.co.uk so thank you to ScotBloggers for the wonderful opportunity!



Name; Rachael Skil

Age; 23
Location; Dundee

What made you decide to start blogging?

I've always loved writing but to be honest, it was my Facebook statuses that started it all! (That sounds like a really uncool reason...) I had a habit of writing about my funny takes on general things that a lot of people liked so my flatmate suggested I start writing a blog!

Do you have any blogging inspirations?

My all time blogging inspiration is Leandra Medine (writer of The Man Repeller). Her blog, book and videos never disappoint me, and she's responsible for my crazy love for New York and it's people...even though I've never been there! I'm still kind of finding my niche in the blogging community, and while I'm sure there are lots of writers like me out there that will inspire me in the future , I haven't discovered many yet!



What advice do you have for new bloggers?

Patience is key! I started a blog back in August and it's only now that I've gotten into a good rhythm and am conversing more with other bloggers. Some people say to throw yourself into it and forge friendships with other bloggers but I prefer to take it easy - let it come naturally. Also - don't beat yourself up if you don't go near your blog for a week or two...sometimes life gets in the way! Stay present on social media and you'll be fine.

What has been your favourite post to write?

It's so hard to pick one! I really enjoyed writing The Missing Sisterhood, because I think it's something most girls can relate to. I'm hoping it made people alter the way they looked at themselves, and at others. Ultimately I just want my writing to be relatable and enjoyable to read!



What has been your most popular post?

That one definitely goes to Keep, Toss, Maybe. I was glad I got such a huge response to that one because I was worried I'd come off sounding like a bit of a lunatic! It's about the emotional attachment we feel towards our clothes, and the guilt we experience when we buy new ones. I'd like to maybe repost this one now that I've got a few more followers and see the reaction!



How would you describe your blog?

It's a witty and sarcastic take on all things being female, mixed in with some personal rants and raves, and the occasional post about pretty clothes that have caught my eye. I think it's easy to suss out my sense of humour from a couple of posts, and if you like it, you'll hopefully love the majority of my posts. If not...thanks for stopping by! 


What do you enjoy most about blogging?

A lot of people say the blogging community, but I'm still dipping my toes so to speak. I think what I enjoy most is knowing that someone is reading something that I've written, and they're enjoying it enough to come back! I wasn't blessed with any sort of impressive talents or abilities, so writing is a great way for me to express myself. Until someone has the courage to tell me I'm rubbish - then I'll probably just take up juggling or something.
Thank you so much to Rachael for taking the time to answer the questions and thank you to ScotBloggers for giving me the opportunity to ask them! If you have anymore question, why not tweet Rachael over at @MeMyselfandUK and as usual you can find me over at mynameisjilly.blogspot.co.uk or on twitter at @mynameisjilly <3




No comments:

Post a Comment