Sunday, June 22

Q&A with Effy Talks Life



Hi Efia, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed by us. For people who may never have read your blog before can you give us a quick summary of Effy Talks Life?

I always find it difficult to sum up but I class myself as a lifestyle blogger. Effytalkslife covers a bit of everything really from blogging advice to beauty products - just whatever comes to mind.

How long have you been blogging and why did you start your blog?
I’ve been blogging for a year and half now, crazy how time flies! I was bored one summer and stumbled across the blogging world and I just had to get involved. I remember it so clearly the whole process was really exciting!

You blog a huge variety of things from film reviews to travel and lifestyle posts but do you have a favourite post?
It’s quite difficult to point to just one thing, and I think it changes all the time. At the minute I’d probably say my posts on blogging tips because I’ve been getting some really great feedback and it’s nice to help other people out if you can.

How do you find inspiration for your content? Have you very experienced bloggers block and how have you overcome it?
It just comes to me. As a lifestyle blogger a lot of the things I write about are things that I’ve been doing so if I go to a particularly interesting or adventure I usually know I’m going to write about it later on. I don’t think there’s a blogger who hasn’t experienced it! I realise that sometimes you just need to take time out and thats okay, you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it. After some time out I’ll usually get an idea and go from there or head to Pinterest and Twitter for some inspiration.



What role does social media play in your blog? Do you use twitter, pinterest, instagram to promote your posts?
Social media plays a huge role in my blog and without it I doubt I’d have any readers haha. I use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest - I think it’s important to get a variety in there. You have to bare in mind your readers are all going to be active on different networks and adapt to that.

What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love knowing that someone has found something I’ve written helpful or interesting, I guess in a bit of a selfish way that’s quite fulfilling. I like that it’s completely my project and I can look back and see how far I’ve come.

What would you say to a younger you if you were starting out again?
That’s a tricky one! Haha how about ‘Good Luck’? Does that count as a good answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment