Sunday, March 16

Jilly Interviews: Folklorique Blog

I'm back again with another interview for you, so I hope you enjoy it! This time I'm interviewing a lovely blogger called Ina who has just moved to Glasgow and we're glad to welcome her to our little community!

Blogger Name: Ina Pabat-Stroe
Occupation: Social media freelancer, blogger and mum of 2.
Blog: Folklorique Blog
Age: 35
Blog’s age: 1 year
Location: Just moved to Glasgow



What made you decide to begin blogging?

I believe the future of fashion is sustainability. And the key to sustainability is represented in my view, by traditional and modern crafts, as well as sustainable creative fashion brands everywhere. I believe in achieving a unique style through thoughtful, ethical fashion. Also, initially I started the blog in order to promote my online gift shop (www.folklorique.co.uk) but soon its scope grew because there are so many wonderful artists and brands out there to be discovered and I had so many creative ideas I wanted to share. It is a bit funny I suppose, that it took 35 years in order for me to realize I had something articulate to say to the world, but it’s better late than never, right?!

Do you have any blogging inspirations?

I try to return to world heritage in fashion time and again, as I am fascinated by ethnic patterns and motifs and the way they travel through time and space to still create amazing fashion. I love authentic, vintage pieces and keep heirlooms from my grand and grand-grandmother as family treasures but also as statement fashion pieces of what I call folk couture.

So every time I create a new outfit for my blog, I try to incorporate old and new, ethnic and high street, vintage and modern folklore pieces to create my own unique style.



What advice do you have for new bloggers?

If it makes you happy, do not hesitate! If you do something meaningful for yourself, nothing else really matters!

What has been your most popular post?

My most popular post was one called Russian doll; I styled a black dress with 80 years old hand embroidered aprons and new hand painted porcelain jewellery. My friend braided my hair and I suppose the result was really good. It was fun to do (as it incorporated old and new, crafted and high street) and very rewarding to see people like my eclectic style. (link: http://folkloriqueblog.co.uk/2013/09/the-little-black-dress-russian-doll-style/)



How would you describe your blog?

My blog is about celebrating heritage and sustainable luxury. As I said before, I believe there is an alternative answer to main stream by building our own style, finding treasured vintage pieces, buying hand crafted and sustainably produced fashion, encouraging small ethical brands. I can’t say I am a purist, far from it, but each small step counts, we just have to start somewhere.

What do you enjoy most about blogging?

I love having total creative control over my content. Being able to be creative is a privilege for me in the first place, but folklorique is my baby 100%. I love building up an outfit and picking suitable themes and backgrounds or just researching fashion or crafts that excite me, I love the journey from an idea in my head to actual content on web and the fact that I can decide each and every step of the way how I go about it. I still have lots to learn, I still make mistakes of all sorts but that is the another reason I love blogging. It gives me an opportunity to learn and grow.



Thank you so much to Ina for agreeing to be interviewed and to ScotBloggers for giving me the opportunity to do so! As a new blogger myself (Find me at mynameisjilly.blogspot.co.uk) I've been enjoying learning all the tips and tricks from the more established bloggers that I've been interviewing! I hope you've enjoyed reading, why not leave a comment below?

No comments:

Post a Comment