Wednesday, December 24

Baking Christmas Gingerbread with G is for Gingers

My name is Claire and I blog over at www.gisforgingers.com. My blog is mainly fashion and lifestyle but because I have a real passion for baking I try and do a recipe post every few weeks. I hope you enjoy something a little bit Christmassy (though it doesn’t have to be) I’ve been making this recipe for years so without anymore chat we’ll get on with how to make these yummy biscuits.



Ingredients:
350g of plain flour
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp of ground ginger
100g of butter
175g of soft brown sugar
4 tbsp honey (or golden syrup)

1 egg (beaten)



Firstly you should sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger into a large bowl then begin to rub in the butter. It should be a room temperature so take it out of the fridge a while before you start. Keep rubbing it together until it resembles breadcrumbs. If you are having trouble run your hand under the cold tap and it should make the mixture easier to work with. Add the sugar and mix well.



Warm the honey (a few seconds in the microwave should do it) and pour it into the bowl along with the beaten egg. Continue mixing until they are well combined.



You should then transfer the dough onto a clean, floured surface and knead it for a few minutes. The dough should be smooth and pliable.



Roll out the mixture to about half a cm thick. Keep the dough and rolling pin floured so it doesn’t stick. Next you get to do the fun part- cutting out the shapes. Here I have used Christmas shapes from IKEA. They are a little tricky to build once the dough has expanded in the oven (nothing a little cutting with a knife can’t fix once they are out the oven).




I hope you enjoy these gingerbread biscuits whatever shape you choose to do. It would also be a great recipe for a gingerbread house. Last year my house was a fail so I would love to see any blog posts about them you’ve done. 

Find Claire...

Enjoy Claire's guest post? She did another one for us back in May which you can read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment