Sunday, February 2

Jilly Interviews: Leigh Jarvie Beauty

It's Jilly again from mynameisjilly.blogspot.co.uk and this is the second interview I've done for Scotbloggers! Today's interview is with Leigh from leighjarviebeauty.wordpress.com <3


Full Name : Leigh Jarvie
Age : 19
Location : Dundee, Scotland
Occupation : Food Science student
What made you decide to begin blogging?
I've always had a passion for writing, along with an interest in the beauty industry. I discovered the beauty community online a few years ago, and quickly became addicted to reading about product reviews, hauls and make-up tutorials, and wanted to become a part of it. 
Do you have any blogging inspirations?
I read hundreds of blog posts each week, but my two favourites have to be gh0stparties and The Sunday Girl as they are both Scottish girls like myself! I feel like the majority of famous bloggers are from big cities like New York and London, and us Scottish girls don't get a lot of recognition. Both of these girls write beautifully, take gorgeous photos, and were my inspiration to start my own blog.

What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Write about something you are deeply passionate about. And share, share, share! Don't be embarrassed by telling your family and friends that you have a blog, it's a sure fire way to make sure more and more people know about your site.
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is that it allows you to interact with other people in the blogging world. Everyone is so lovely, and it's great to share tips and advice with fellow beauty bloggers. Social media is so important these days, I can't go a few hours without refreshing my Twitter feed! Twitter is one of the best ways to search for other beauty bloggers, and is so easy to interact with other people in the blogging community.

How would you describe your blog?
My blog is mainly focused on all things beauty related, with product reviews, monthly favourites and hauls. However, I do try to insert a few random post in now and again. For example, I'm currently on a mission to get fitter and healthier, so it's not all about lipstick!
How do you fit blogging around your schedule?
I am currently in 2nd year at uni, and work part-time, so sometimes it is hard to fit eating and sleeping in, never mind blogging! I always carry a diary with me, and try to plan my posts whenever I have some free time. I also carry a notebook with me, when inspiration strikes. I aim to write one post per week, which I think fits in with my busy life. I just try to stay organised, plan my posts whenever I can, and make sure I keep up to date with my social media.


Thank you so much to Leigh for participating in the interview! Make sure to check out her blog or follow her on twitter @leighjarvie <3 Once again, thank you so much to ScotBloggers for allowing me this wonderful oppotunity! It's been amazing interviewing some other Scottish Bloggers! You can follow me on twitter too! @mynameisjilly :)

If you have any further questions, why not leave a comment? Make sure you follow @scotbloggers on twitter and on scotbloggers.blogspot.co.uk for updates and new posts!

2 comments:

  1. really enjoyed this - its nice to get to know some other scottish bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be following this lovely lady :)

    Fellow Scottish blogger here currently living in Morocco :)

    Gemma from ButtonsBlog

    ReplyDelete