Friday, November 13

Bonfire Night with Sarah Emery


Hi I'm Sarah, I've guest blogged before. My blog is Sarah Emery, you'll find all sorts over there. This post is about bonfire night.

I love bonfire night so much, I've loved it ever since I was little. Every year my dad would do a little fireworks display for the family and our neighbours. We would have sweets and snacks. It was great.

I'm not sure why I love it so much. I'm just so fascinated by it. Every year I get so excited, looking up places to go. I'll always choose warmth over style when it comes to clothes on the day. Winter coat, gloves, scarf and boots.

This year my boyfriend and I were meant to be going to one but plans had changed and we stayed in, watching films with a takeaway. Normally I would hate this and be sad that we didn't go out, but for the first time, I loved it. We could hear fireworks so my boyfriend opened the curtains in the hope of seeing some. We didn't see many.

It was cosy, in bed wrapped up with my quilt. A lovely hot drink (I'm loving gingerbread latte and my boyfriend love mint mocha) with food and switching between a film and The Simpsons. Such a beautiful scent in the air from a wax melt and dim lights. It was a lovely autumn evening even if it didn't go as planned.


Find Sarah...


You can see Sarah's last guest post here. Would you like to see your post here? Give us an email at scottishbloggers@hotmail.com and hopefully we can drive some new readers towards your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment